Bihar and Jharkhand - Food and Recipe
Non Vegetarian Recipe
Chicken – 1 Kg (cut into medium size pieces)
Onion - 5 (medium size, sliced)
Lemon juice – 2-3 tsp
Garlic paste – 4 tsp
Ginger powder – 2 tsp (heaped)
Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
Degi mirch powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Cloves – 5-7
Cinnamon sticks – 3-4 (1 inch size)
Bay leaf – 2-3
Red chilli – 2-3, or as per taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Marinate chicken with salt, lemon juice, garlic paste and ginger powder.
2. Heat oil in kadahi, add cloves, cinnamon sticks, bay leaf and red chilli.
3. Add sliced onion and ½ tsp salt. Fry for 2-3 mins.
4. Add marinated chicken, turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix well.
5. Cover and cook the chicken in its own water on medium heat.
6. Continue till the chicken is done and water dries up.
7. Add tomato ketchup and continue cooking till oil separates.
8. Serve hot.
Notes & Tips