Singhare Ka Aata (सिंघाड़े का आटा, Water Chestnut flour) – ½ cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Water – 1 cup
Method of Preparation
1. Heat kedai, add singahara flour, stir and dry roast on medium heat till it is light brown in colour.
2. Add ghee, stir and roast for another 2-3 min.
3. Reduce heat to low and add sugar and water. Keep mixing till the halwa starts leaving the sides and all the lumps are gone.
4. Spread the halwa on a plate and allow it to cool. Cut into small pieces and serve.
Notes & Tips
1. Amount of ghee can be increased to 2-3 tbsp to make the halwa more rich.