Sabudana (साबूदाना, sago) – 250 gm (washed and soaked for 3-4 hrs)
Potato – 2-3 (medium size, cut into small pieces)
Peanuts – ½ cup (मूंगफली, dry roasted and coarsely crushed)
Cumin seeds (जीरा, jeera) – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 8-10
Green chilli - 2 (cut into big pieces)
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Wash the soaked sabudana thoroughly and strain all the water using a strainer (with big holes). Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick kadahi. Add jeera and allow it to crackle.
3. Add green chilli and curry leaves and stir for a minute.
4. Add potato, fry on high heat for a couple of minutes. Then lower the heat, add salt and cook covered till potatoes are soft.
5. Add sabudana and cook covered till it turns transparent. Keep stirring occasionally.
6. Add the crushed peanuts and mix pproperly. Add salt and cook for another 2 min. Keep stirring.
7. Serve hot.
Notes & Tips
1. For soaking sabudana, quantity of water used should be just sufficient to cover the sabudana