Chicken – 500 gm (medium/small pieces)
Spinach (पालक) – 250 gm
Onion - 2 (medium size, coarsely chopped)
Tomato – 2 (medum size, finely chopped)
Garlic – 8-10 cloves (finely chopped)
Dry Ginger powder- 1 ½ tsp
Black pepper powder – 2 tsp or as per taste
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp or as per taste
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Butter – 1 tsp (optional)
Salt as per taste
Method of Preparation
1. Clean chicken properly and marinate with salt and ginger powder. Keep aside for ½ hr.
2. Heat oil in kadai. Add chopped garlic to the oil. When garlic turns light brown, add chilli powder.
3. Add chopped onion and little salt and fry till the onion turns translucent.
4. Add marinated chicken and turmeric to fried onion. Cook on high heat for a couple of minutes, then cook covered on low heat till all the moisture dries.
5. Add chopped tomatoes, cover and cook till tomatoes are soft.
6. Then add chopped Spinach. If the chicken is done, then cook on high heat till moisture dries up. Else, cook covered on low heat till the chicken is done and then on high heat till dry.
7. Add butter and crushed black pepper and fry for a couple of minutes.
8. Serve hot with roti or rice.
Notes & Tips
1. Quantity of spinach can be increased if desired.
2. Consistency of chicken can be kept as dry OR semi dry as per requirement/ taste.