Bihar and Jharkhand - Food and Recipe
Chicken – 500 gm (cleaned and cut into medium size pieces)
Methi leaves – 1 small bunch (cleaned and chopped)
Onion- 3 (medium size, sliced)
Tomato – 2 (medium size, chopped)
Curd – ½ cup
Kaju paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste – 2 tsp (heaped)
Ginger powder – 2 tsp
Dhania powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Everest meat masala – 2 tsp
Red chilli/ green chilli – as per taste
Green cardamom – 3
Cloves – 3
Mustard oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Marinate chicken in salt, garlic paste, ginger powder, dhaniya powder and meat masala for 30 min.
2. Heat oil in kadahi, add green cardamom, cloves and chilli to oil, allow to crackle.
3. Add sliced onion with little salt and saute for 2-3 min.
4. Add marinated chicken, cook covered on medium heat till all the water dries up.
5. Add tomatoes, methi and cook till tomatoes are soft.
6. Add curd and kaju paste and fry till oil starts leaving the sides.
7. Add water and cook till chicken is done.
8. Serve hot with roti or rice.
Notes & Tips