Rice flour – 1 cup
Water – 1 ½ cup
Oil /ghee – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Heat water in kadahi and bring it boil.
2. Add salt and oil in water, save little oil for greasing.
3. Add rice flour and switch off the flame. Mix properly.
4. Knead the rice flour mixture to make smooth dough.
5. Put half of the dough in idiyappam mould.
6. Press each portion of the dough through the idiyappam mould to produce noodle like rice strings or sevai.
7. Grease the idli stand.
8. Fill the idli moulds with these strings.
9. Steam the idiyappam for ~5 min.
10. Serve hot with veg korma.
Notes & Tips
1. Idiyappam, a traditional and popular dish of south Indian states, is easy to digest, healthy and suits children well.