Bihar and Jharkhand - Food and Recipe
Raw mango (peeled and grated) – 2 cup
Sugar – 2 cup
Salt – ½ tsp
Turmeric – ½ tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp or to taste
Fennel powder – 1 tsp
Method of Preparation
1. Add salt and turmeric to the grated mango and leave for 30 mins.
2. Squeeze out the water from mango. Discard the water.
3. Add rest of the ingredients to the mango. Mix.
4. Heat and cook the mixture for 10-15 mins.
5. Cool and store in a glass jar. (It will last for over 1 yr if stored properly)
Notes & Tips
1. Keep stirring mango and sugar till it leaves water. Do not let the sugar to caramalise, it can make chhunda sticky. Also, do not over cook.