Bihar and Jharkhand - Food and Recipe
Snacks - Sweets Recipe
Maida – 1/2 cup
Aata – 1/2 cup
Cheese – 1 cube (finely grated)
Mixed herbs – 2 tsp
Refined oil – 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Method of Preparation
1. Mix thoroughly maida, atta, salt and oil.
2. Add herbs and grated cheese and once again mix properly.
3. Knead to a hard dough using little water at a time and leave for ½ hr.
4. Mix the dough again till surface is smooth, divide in two parts.
5. Roll out each part to thick roti, approx. 2-3 mm thick.
6. Cut into thin strips of desired thickness and length.
7. Fry in oil on slow flame till golden brown.
Notes & Tips
1. Alternately it can also be baked.