Bihar and Jharkhand - Food and Recipe
Snacks - Sweets Recipe
Plain Cake (केक)
Maida – 1 ¼ cups
Sugar powder – 1 cup
Refined oil – 1 cup
Milk – ¼ cup
Eggs - 2
Pineapple essence – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp ( levelled)
Salt – 1 pinch
Method of Preparation
1. Mix eggs, sugar powder, milk and pineapple essence and leave for 10-15 min.
2. Sieve together maida, baking powder and salt to aerate it.
3. Grease and dust the baking dish with oil and maida.
4. Preheat the oven for atleast 5 min at 180 deg C.
5. Add oil to the egg and sugar mixture and mix properly.
6. Fold in the maida to this mixture, do not mix it much.
7. Pour in the mixture in baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 min.
Notes & Tips
1. Make sure that oven is preheated before the cake batter is ready.
2. Consistency of the cake batter should be such that folds form while pouring.
3. Tuti fruiti, cherry, cashewnut, kismis can also be added either to the batter or on top (before baking).