Bihar and Jharkhand - Food and Recipe
White beans – ½ cup (soaked overnight)
Tomato – 3 (medium size, finely chopped/pureed)
Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
Garlic powder – 1 tsp
Dried mixed herbs – 1 tsp or as per taste
Freshly crushed black pepper – 1 tsp or as per taste
Olive oil – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Boil beans with salt and tomato till done.
2. Heat oil in pan, add garlic powder and brown it.
3. Add tomato ketchup and fry for 1 min.
4. Add boiled white beans, mixed herbs and black pepper.
5. Simmer for 15-20 min, switch off the flame once desired consistency is attained.
Notes & Tips
1. This is a simpler, tastier and home version of classical 'Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce' available in the market.
2. I have learnt this recipe from my friend Smriti Bajpai.