Potato (boiled and mashed) -1 cup
Processed cheese (grated) - 3/4 cup
Fresh corriander, finely chopped - 2 tbsp
Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Maida -2 tbsp (for coating)
Refined oil for frying
Refined oil - 1 tbsp
Cloves - 2-3
Greem Cardamom - 2-3
Onion, finely chopped - 2 (medium sized)
Tomato, finely chopped - 2 (medium sized)
Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
Kasuri methi - 1 tbsp
Green chilli - 2 (slit lengthwise)
Curd - 1/3 cup
Cashewnut paste - 2 tbsp
Cream - 2 tbsp (optional)
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Mix all the ingredients for kofta except maida.
2. Divide the mixture in equal portions (approx. 10-12).
3. Make round balls and roll in maida.
4. Deep fry the balls till golden brown.
1. Heat oil in kadai. Add cloves and cardamom to it.
2. Add chopped onion and salt and saute till light pink.
3. Add ginger - garlic paste and turmeric powder and fry for 2-3 min or till the raw smell goes.
4. Add tomatoes and further cook till the tomatoes are soft.
5. Add garam masala and green chillies and fry for another 3-4 min.
6. Add about 1 and 1/2 cups of water and allow the gravy to boil. Reduce heat and allow to cook for 5-7 min.
7. Mix curd , cream and cashewnut paste and add to the gravy, then add kasuri methi.
8. Cook on reduced flame for 2 min. and remove from heat.
9. Arrange the koftas in a flat bottom serving bowl and then pour the gravy over it. Garnish and serve.
Notes & Tips