Aaloo (आलू , potato) - 6 (medium size)
Badi (बड़ी) - 6 to 8
Tomato - 3 (medium size, chopped)
Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
Panch Phoran (पाँच फोरन) - 1 tsp
Haldi (हल्दी, turmeric) - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Dhaniya Powder - 1/2 tsp
Mustard Oil - 2 to 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Peel and cut each aaloo into four pieces. Keep in water.
2. Heat oil in a kedahi
. Fry badis, remove from oil and put them in water.
3. Add panch phoran in the remaining oil. Add garlic paste and fry.
4. Add aaloo and badi, and fry for a while.
5. Add haldi, salt, dhaniya and red chilli powder.
6. Fry further for 2 minutes and then add chopped tomatoes.
7. Add one glass of water and pressure cook.
8. After 1st whistle, keep under pressure for 2 minutes. Remove heat.
9. Serve with roti, paratha or chawal.
Notes & Tips