Fish (Rahu) - 1 Kg
Methi Seeds - 1 tsp
Laal Mirch Powder - 1 tbsp
Yellow Mustard Paste - 2 tbsp
Garlic Paste - 2 tsp
Haldi Powder - 2 tsp
Tomato - 2 (chopped)
Mustard Oil - As required
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Wash and clean fish pieces. Mix salt and 1 tsp haldi powder.
2. Fry fish pieces gently in mustard oil and keep aside.
3. Heat 3 tbsp mustard oil in a Kedahi
. Add methi seeds.
4. When methi turns colour, add garlic paste and fry a little.
5. Add mustard paste, salt, haldi and laal mirch powder.
6. Fry for sometime and add chopped tomato.
7. Cook and fry till tomato is soft and masala begins to leave oil.
8. Add about 750 ml of water and boil for 5 minutes.
9. Add fried fish pieces and cook for about 10 minutes on low heat.
10. Serve with rice.
Notes & Tips