Arwa Chawal - 1 cup
Chana Daal - 1 cup
Whole Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Refined oil for frying
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Soak Chawal and Daal separately in water for 4
2. Coarse grind soaked Chawal and Daal separately in Mixie.
3. Mix the two pastes. Add Jeera and Salt.
4. Add a little water to make a mixture of thick pouring consistency.
5. Heat oil in a flat bottom kadahi.
6. Pour a little of the mixture at a time with a big round spoon to make Dhuskas
and deep fry till golden brown.
7. Take out Duskas from the Kadahi and place on an absorbent paper to drain out
8. Serve with vegetable curry or mutton curry.
Notes & Tips
1. Dhuska is a traditional preparation very popular
2. Do not allow the mixture to stand for long as it will ferment and absorb
Dhuskas must be fried immediately after the mixture is ready.