Bihar and Jharkhand - Food and Recipe
Snacks - Sweets
Housewife, New Delhi
Masala oats – 1 cup
Grated paneer – 1 cup
Sooji – 1 tbsp
Green chilli – 2-3, finely chopped
Fresh mint leaves – ¼ th cup, finely chopped
Chaat masala – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Ginger-Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Mustard oil/ refined oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Mix all the ingredients except oats and oil in a bowl.
2. Dry roast masala oats for 2 mins. and allow it to cool.
3. Crush the roasted oats to coarse powder using hands.
4. Mix the crushed oats in the ingredients mixture and make dough. If required, sprinkle little water.
5. Grease hands and make small tikkis from the dough.
6. Heat oil in pan and shallow fry the tikkis on both sides till done.
7. Serve hot with chutney or sauce of your choice.
Notes & Tips