Buckwheat flour (कुटू का आटा) - 1/2 cup
Desiccated coconut - 1/4 cup
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Cloves powder - 1/4 tsp
Coconut milk - 1 cup
Coconut oil or ghee (melted and cooled) - 1 tbsp + additional for greasing the waffle pan
Over-ripe Banana - 1/2
Honey - 2 tbsp
Stevia concentrate* - 20 drops
Method of Preparation
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Blend together all the wet ingredients in a blender.
3. Whisk dry and wet ingredients together and let it sit for 10 minutes.
4. Whisk the batter once again to check the consistency. It should be little thicker than cake batter, but should flow smoothly.
5. Preheat the Waffle pan and grease with ghee/coconut oil.
6. Fill the waffle pan with batter, close the lid and cook till golden brown.
7. Cool the waffles to room temperature, before serving and serve with desired amount of honey and fruits of choice.
Notes & Tips
1. *If desired, 20 drops of Stevia concentrate can be replaced with 1 tbsp of honey.
2. These waffles taste very much like Pua (पुआ), hence named Pua Waffles.