Lal saag (Amaranth leaves) - 500 gm
Moong dal - 1/3 cup (washed)
Green chilli - 2-3 (cut into 2 pieces)
Salt - as per taste
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Water - 1 cup
Mustard oil - 2 tbsp
Method of Preparation
1. Wash and chop lal saag, and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a large kadai, add green chilli pieces and fry for 10 sec.
3. Add moong dal and fry till it is lightly browned.
4. Add lal saag, salt and turmeric powder, and stir well till saag releases its water.
5. Add water and bring to boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer till moong dal is done.
7. Increase heat and stir continuously till excess water is absorbed.
8. Serve hot with plain rice and a little ghee.
Notes & Tips