Murhi (Puffed rice) - 100 gm
Gud (Cane jaggery) - 200 gm
Ghee - 1 tsp
Water - 2 tbsp
Method of Preparation
1. Pound the gud, using a mortar-pestle, to make a coarse powder.
2. Take it in a saucepan, add water, and heat to melt the gud. Add ghee and mix.
3. Remove from heat and strain the gud syrup to remove impurities.
4. Pour the gud syrup in a pan and bring it to boil on high heat.
5. Reduce to medium heat and keep boiling the syrup till you get a thick froth in gud.
6. Heat a large kadhai and reduce the heat to low. Add gud and murhi, and mix thoroughly.
7. Remove from heat and let cool for 1 minute.
8. Wet hands with water, take a handful of the mixture and press lightly to make laayee.
9. Repeat for the rest of the mixture and serve the laayees.
Notes & Tips