Raw/green banana (kachcha kela) – 2 medium (diced)
Adauri (alternatively split peas vadi) – 12-15 nos
Salt – as per taste
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
Mangraila/ kalonji – 1 tsp
Green chilli – 2-3 (slit)
Mustard paste – 1 tbsp
Water – as required for the gravy
Coriander leaves – as desired for garnishing (chopped)
Method of Preparation
1. Peel and dice green banana, wash drain and keep aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadai and fry the adauris, drain and keep aside.
3. Add mangaraila and green chilli in the kadai, fry for 2-3 sec and add the diced banana.
4. Saute on medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Add salt and turmeric powder, mix and add water.
5. Bring to boil and add mustard paste. Cook on low heat till almost done.
6. Add adauris and cook for another 5-7 minutes or till adauris soften.
7. Add the remaining 1 tbsp mustard oil and chopped coriander. Remove from heat, cover and keep for 5 minutes.
8. Serve hot with plain rice, as a side dish.
Notes & Tips