Maida - 1 and 1/2 cup
Butter (room temperature) - 50 gm
Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup (can be varied as per taste)
Egg white - 1 (save the yolk for glazing)
Vanilla Essence - few drops (optional)
Mixed fruit jam (for filling the crusts) - 2 tbsp (approx.)
Water - 1 tsp
Method of Preparation
1. Beat butter and sugar powder together in a bowl, till fluffy.
2. Add the maida to the above mixture.
3. Beat egg white and add.
4. Add the vanilla essence and knead to a soft dough.
5. Grease tart moulds and preheat the oven.
6. Take small portions of the dough and press into the greased tart moulds.
7. Fill the craters with jam as desired.
8. Glaze the exposed portions of the shell with egg yolk, beaten with water, with the help of a brush.
9. Place moulds in the preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 12 to 15 minutes.
10. Glaze second coat, 5 minutes before switching off the oven.
11. Let the tarts cool inside the oven rack. Serve as a snack or as desert.
Notes & Tips
1. You can decorate the tarts by covering the jam with some dough, making designs as desired. Glaze these portions as well.
2. The filling can be varied to get different kinds of tarts e.g. fruit tart, nut or fruit & nut tart, chocolate chips tart, etc.