Ripe Guava (Amrood) – 500 gm
Water – 2 cup
Sugar – 2 cup (approx.)
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Food colour (green or yellow) – 1 pinch (if desired)
Method of Preparation
1. Wash and cut thin slices of guava.
2. Take guava slices and water in a pressure cooker, and cook till guava softens.
3. Cool and mash guava.
4. Strain through a thin malmal cloth, squeeze and discard the waste pulp.
5. Measure the liquid extract. It will be approximately 2 cups.
6. Measure the same amount of sugar and add to the extract.
7. Mix food colour in ½ tsp of water and add to the mixture. This is optional.
8. Bring the mixture to boil and lower the heat. Simmer till you get 1 string consistency of the syrup.
9. Now add lemon juice, stir and boil on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
10. Remove from heat and wait for 10-15 minutes.
11. Pour in a jar and let cool to room temperature.
12. Keep jelly in the fridge for 3-4 hours. It will set and be ready for use.
Notes & Tips