Fish fillets (any sea fish, I have used black Pomfret) – 1 kg
Onion – 2 medium (sliced, thick slices)
Garlic – 1 handful (longitudinally sliced)
Spring onion (chopped in 2” size) – 3 cup or as desired
Salt – as per taste
White pepper powder (alternatively black pepper) – 1 tsp
Dried parsley – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Olive oil – 1 tsp (for marination) + 1 tbsp (cooking)
Method of Preparation
1. Clean, wash, drain and marinate fish fillets, with lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley and olive oil. Leave for 30 minutes.
2. Heat olive oil in a broad mouthed pan, add sliced onions and garlic, and saute for a few seconds.
3. Add spring onions and little salt, and sauté for another 10 seconds.
4. Take out half of this mixture in a bowl, and spread the rest evenly in the pan.
5. Place the marinated fish on this and spread the rest of the onion-garlic mixture on top.
6. Pour the leftover marinade on the fish.
7. Mix soy sauce with 2 tbsp of water and pour over the fish pieces and on sides.
8. Cover and cook on high heat for 2 minutes and then simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
9. Gently turn over the pieces and cook for another 5-7 minutes on low heat.
10. Remove from heat and serve hot with stir fried veggies and plain white rice.
Notes & Tips