Potato - 2 large
Salt - 1 tsp or as desired
Water - 2 cups (approx.)
Refined oil - 2 tbsp
Ground pepper - 1/2 tsp or as desired
Chili flakes - 1/2 tsp or as desired(optional)
Method of Preparation
1. Peel and wash the potatoes.
2. Cut into thick finger like pieces.
3. Heat water in a saucepan till it is about to boil. Remove from heat.
4. Add salt and mix. Add potato pieces and keep covered for 5 minutes.
5. Drain with the help of a sieve and wash the potato with plain water.
6. Spread on a kitchen towel and let dry. You can also pat dry the potato.
7. Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry the potato on low to medium heat till done and crisp.
8. Drain oil, take out and keep the fried potato on a paper towel.
9. Adjust salt if required and garnish with ground pepper and chilli flakes as desired.
Notes & Tips
1. This recipe was provided by my younger sister Uttara. She is a busy working mom, who loves to make such quick snacks for her children.
2. Browning of the fries may be done as desired.