Maida - 2 cups
Baking powder - 1 tsp (levelled)
Butter - 100 gm (at room temperature)
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Dessicated coconut - 1 cup
Cold Milk - 1-2 tsp as required
Method of Preparation
1. Grind the sugar to get fine powder.
2. Take butter in a bowl and whip for 1 minute.
3. Add sugar powder and whip till light.
4. Add dessicated coconut and mix.
5. Mix maida and baking powder together in a separate bowl and pass through sieve.
6. Add this to the above mixture and knead to a soft dough. Sprinkle1-2 tsps of cold milk if required.
7. Cover and let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes.
8. Knead the dough once again, take small portions and roll them into balls.
9. Press the balls between palms and place on a greased baking tray. Keep the cookies slightly spaced as they will expand while baking.
10. Preheat oven and put the baking tray inside.
11. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 12 to 15 minutes.
12. Switch off power and let the cookies cool inside the oven for 40-45 minutes.
13. Take the tray out, cool the cookies to room temperature and serve with hot coffee or tea.
Notes & Tips