Curd (Dahi) - 1 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Condensed milk - 400 gm(1 can)
Almonds - 5-6 pcs (optional)
Pistachios - 1 tbsp (optional)
Saffron - 1 pinch (optional)
Water - 2 cups
Method of Preparation
1. Chop almonds and pistachios into small flaky pieces. Keep aside.
2. Mix curd, milk and condensed milk, together in a blender.
3. Take a shallow mould and grease it with ghee.
4. Transfer the mixture into the mould.
5. Add almond and pistachio pieces. Add saffron and lightly stir with a spoon.
6. Seal the mould with Aluminium foil.
7. Heat water in a pressure cooker, put a grid and place the mould on it.
8. Cook this for 20 minutes at low flame, after the first steam release.
9. Let the pressure cooker cool on its own. Take out the mould, remove foil and let cool to room temperature.
10. Put a big plate on top of the mould, flip and pat the mould, to get the pudding out on the plate.
11. Cut the pudding in cubes of desired size and refrigerate.
12. Serve chilled pudding. It tastes best when chilled.
Notes & Tips
1. Some more chopped nuts can also be sprinkled on top.
2. Yoghurt Pudding or Bhapa Doi, as it is popularly called, is essentially a preparation of steamed curd and is very popular in Bengal.