Phool gobi (cauliflower) – 1 medium (chopped in small florets)
Potato – 2 medium (chopped in small pieces)
Tomato – 2 medium (chopped)
Green peas – ½ cup
Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
Panch phoran – 1 tsp
Green chilli – 2-3 (chopped)
Ginger paste – 1 ½ tsp
Salt – as per taste
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Sugar – ¼ tsp
Water – as desired
Method of Preparation
1. Heat oil in a kadai and add panch phoran. Let crackle.
2. Add green chillies and fry.
3. Add phoolgobi and potato pieces and saute till the surface is lightly browned.
4. Add tomato, green peas, salt and turmeric powder and saute till tomato softens.
5. Add ginger paste and sugar, and mix well.
6. Add water and bring to boil.
7. Lower the heat and simmer till vegetables are done.
8. Add coriander leaves, mix and remove from heat.
9. Serve hot with poori or paratha.
Notes & Tips
1. This is a light version of aaloo-gobi-matar ki sabji which goes very well in the breakfast.