Milk Powder - 200 gm
Ghee - 500 gm
Maida (refined flour) - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 750 gm
Chhoti ilaichi - 4 (powdered)
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Method of Preparation
1. Sieve maida. Mix thoroughly with milk powder and ilaichi powder.
2. Make pua batter by adding a little water at a time and mixing.
3. Make one string syrup (chasni) with sugar and water. Add vanilla essence.
4. Heat ghee in a Kedahi
. Drop 1 tbsp batter in the ghee, at a time and deep fry puas.
5. Put puas in the syrup and allow to cool. Keep overnight in a refrigerator.
6. Heat and serve hot.
Notes & Tips
1. This pua should be made one-day in advance, before eating.