Rice - 500 gm
Paneer - 100 gm (cut in small pieces)
Beet Root (chukandar) - 1 (finely chopped)
French Bean - 50 gm (finely chopped)
Gobi (cauliflower) - 100 gm (cut in small pieces)
Green Peas (matar ka dana) - 250 gm
Onion - 1 (large, finely chopped)
Ginger - 1/2" (grated)
Tejpatta (bay leaf) - 2
Black Jeera - 1 pinch
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
Biryani Masala 1 tbsp
Pure Desi Ghee - 2 tbsp
Cooking Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - one-and-a-half tsp
Method of Preparation
1. Clean and wash rice. Drain water.
2. Fry all the vegetables and ginger in oil in a Kedahi
3. Cook covered till all the vegetables are done.
4. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, mix and remove from fire.
5. Fry lightly paneer pieces in ghee and mix with vegetables. Keep aside.
6. Heat oil in a Kedahi
. Add tejpatta and black jeera. Add rice and fry till light pink.
7. Mix salt and garam masala powder. Remove from fire.
8. Now, boil water in a vessel. [water should be double the volume of rice]
9. Add rice in the boiling water, cover and cook till all the water is absorbed.
10. Leave for half-an-hour.
11. Now, arrange alternate layers of rice and vegetable-paneer mixture in a serving bowl.
12. Microwave for one minute before serving.
Notes & Tips