Rice (arwa) - 2 cup
Daal (urad) - 2 cup
Eno Fruit Salt - 1 packet
Salt - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Method of Preparation
1. Wash and soak rice and daal for 3 hrs.
2. Coarsely grind to thick consistency. Cover and leave for 2-3 hrs.
3. Add 1/2 tsp fruit salt and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix the paste thoroughly.
4. Spread a little oil in the moulds of the idli-stand.
5. Put a little of the paste in each mould.
6. Heat 1.5 glass water to steam in a pressure cooker, put the idli-stand inside and cook.
7. After 10 mts, pierce a fork in the idlis.
8. If it comes out clean, it is done.
9. Serve idlis hot with Sambar - Chutney.
Notes & Tips
1. Serves 8 persons.
2. Learn how to make Sambar - Chutney