For Dosa Masala
Boiled Aaloo - 1 Kg
Curry Patta - 10
Onion - 100 gm (cut in small pieces)
Salt - 3 tsp
Ginger - 1 tsp (grated)
Haldi - 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
Chaat Masala - 2 tsp
Oil - 50 ml
Black Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Capsicum - 50 gm (cut in small pieces)
Carrot - 100 gm (cut in small pieces)
Green Peas - 250 gm (pods)
Rice - 3 cup
Urad Daal - 1 cup
Salt - 1 tbsp
Oil - 100 ml
Method of Preparation
1. Peel and cut aaloo in small pieces.
2. Peel pea-pods and keep the peas aside.
3. Heat 50 ml oil in a kedahi. Add black mustard seeds and curry patta.
4. When seeds sputter, add ginger and onion. Fry a little.
5. Add capsicum, carrot, peas, aaloo, chaat masala, garam masala, hadi and salt.
6. Fry till turns to pink colour.
7. Remove from heat and keep this masala aside to fill dosas.
8. Wash and soak rice and daal separately in water for 3-4 hours.
9. Grind them separately to fine paste and then mix together.
10. Leave for 3-4 hrs or more to allow the dosa paste to rise.
11. Heat a thick bottom pan/tawa. Spread 1 tsp oil.
12. Sprinkle a little water to cool tawa.
13. Put a small cup of the dosa paste on the tawa and spread it evenly.
14. Cook for about 1 minute. Put a little dosa masala on it.
15. Roll and turn on the tawa. Cook for 1 more minute.
16. Serve hot with Sambar - Chutney.
Notes & Tips
1. Learn how to make Sambar - Chutney