Baigan (Brinjal) - 2 (large size, round)
Tomato - 2 (each cut to 4 pcs)
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Ginger - 1/2" (grated)
Dhaniya Patta - 2 tsp (chopped)
Green Chilli - 1 (chopped)
Pure Ghee - 50 gm
Salt to Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Make 4 slits in each baigan. Make sure there is no worm inside.
2. Roast baigans directly on fire. Put in cold water.
3. Take out from water, remove skin and mash.
4. Heat ghee in a kedahi. Add ginger and onion. Fry till pink.
5. Add tomato and salt. Cook for a while.
6. Add mashed baigan and mix.
7. Remove from fire. Garnish with dhaniya patta and green chilli.
8. Serve with Khichadi.
Notes & Tips